Thursday, December 14, 2006

"The Snitch"


You have really got to love this guy.. If there is anyone in professional sports that should take a class in "Shut the Fuck Up 101", it is T.O. Not only does he make himself look like a jackass on a weekly basis, but anytime he gets beat at his own game, he becomes the victim.

Terrell Owens really likes being part of the Dallas Cowboys except for one thing: "The Snitch."

Owens remains upset that someone within the organization has been airing his dirty laundry. It started with a preseason report about him being late to work and continued with the story about a problem that causes him to fall asleep in meetings.

Those things happened earlier this season, but the bitterness lingers. Owens told ESPN in an interview that aired Sunday that he was "faking it" in practice because he was so frustrated, then he explained himself much further in a roughly half-hour interview in front of his locker yesterday.

Describing his tumultuous early season, which also included a hamstring injury in training camp and a broken hand that led to an "accidental overdose" on painkillers, Owens said: "I just felt like I was out there, just out there. I didn't feel like I was a part of the team."

"One of the
coaches came to me after one game and I just told him I felt alone in this locker room. That's how I felt at that time. It was weighing a lot on my mind during the course of the game. My mind really wasn't clear to play football."

Now?

"I'm tons better," he said.

T.O.'s season has followed the same arc as the team's record. He was mediocre early, then began putting up big numbers when Tony Romo replaced Drew Bledsoe at quarterback, a move that led to a 5-1 streak. Dallas is 8-5 and leading the NFC East going into a game at Atlanta on Saturday night.

"Winning cures a lot of things," Owens said


Wait what was that famous quote from a few years ago T.O?

"If it smells like a rat...

Then it must be a rat."

Somewhere in a mansion in Moorestown NJ, Jeff Garcia is smiling.

No comments: