Monday, December 18, 2006

Dallas




You might want to start calling me Mr. Cleo, mon. It seems as though I can see into the future. With an impeccable win yesterday against a well coached, well staffed and well respected Giants team, the Eagles once again showed us why they have a defense to be feared. They went into the Meadowlands and won a very very very big football game. Not only was this game big because it helped us stay afloat in the hunt for the NFC East title, but it also sets the stage for a monumental game this coming Monday against the Dallas Cowtoys.
I refuse to watch ESPN this week becasue of their reputation for overhyping certain Dallas players. Come Monday afternoon, however, much after the fat man climbs down our chimmney and leaves gifts for Mom, Stepdad and Little Emily, I hope I am not forgotten. I hope that fat man in the red suit speaks with the Big Guy upstairs about my gift. I have been very well behaved this year.


For me it is very simple.
It has been 25 years. 25,000 tears have been shed in this time watching not one professional sports team in Philadelphia win a championship.
After all the close calls and the "could have beens "
All I want is this one..
This is the one that 50 years from now, kids will remember watching with their dads, sisters and uncles on X-Mas Day.....
This is the one when all eyes will be on us......
This is the one we owe to #81......
This is the one that we win to take the NFC East and get back to the playoffs where we belong.
Who is with me?

No comments: